Sunday 13 March 2016

BANGI SIO CHAI! They Grow Bhang In Bunyore, So Veteran Gospel Singer Reuben Kigame Got Stoned

ReubenWAHENGA walisema “bhangi usioivuta, yakuwashianini?” Now, legendary gospel artiste Reuben Kigame was once a serious bhangi smoker! According to the Fadhili Zake Ni Za Milele hit singer, he was pressured to smoke bhangi as a teenager but “wokovu” offered him a safe harbour.

He says that peer pressure took a toll on him while in high school, as he soon found himself indulging in bhang-smoking, like it was a hobby! The end results? He started posting academic results za kuhurumiwa.

(Page Break)

CLICK NEXT THE PAGE TO READ WHAT HE SAYS ABOUT BEING STONED

Reuben Kigame“If I haven’t found Jesus, I don’t know what type of a person I could have become. With all that bhang the people of Bunyore [his rural village in western Kenya] plant along their fences. In fact, I was told to try it when in high school, which I did. This had a very negative impact on my academics. I dropped from position two in my class to position 24. It was that worse,” he said this morning on Citizen’s Rauka show.

Kigame, however, added that when he got saved, a lot of things changed in his life, including his self esteem.

He said: “After losing my sight as a result of a cataract infection, I started questioning God. I saw Him as a very evil being. I sang about how bad He was. I never saw my worthiness. But when I got saved, read the Bible and understood who God really was, a lot of things changed in my life. If it was not for Him, I would not be where or who I am today.”

Mpasho News



from Mpasho News » Lifestyle http://ift.tt/1TXxeOy
via Mpasho Lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment