Wednesday 6 April 2016

Must Read: How I Easily Made A Kenyan Actress Based In Los Angeles Feel At Home

Last December, I was in our office having a relaxed afternoon while typing away, curating the next big blog. Amidst a flow of thoughts for my evening dinner plan, my calendar beeped, reminding me of something vital that I had almost forgotten about.

I was to host a top actress from Los Angeles. She’s Kenyan, but I felt obliged to give her a treat she’ll never forget. I was wondering how I could do it within a short time frame, while in the office!

You see, it’s fun working with celebrities on feature stories, don’t get me wrong. However, the impression I needed to make on this one needed to last – create a lasting relationship between us.

Minutes later, I got a call from the gracious ladies at our reception, signaling that I had a guest.

There she was! Graceful, strikingly beautiful and oozing an aura of admiration. She was accompanied by her ever supportive dad.

“Hello! Welcome to Kenya; it’s been a while…good to see you!,” I said, giving her a warm hug.

“Yes yes. I mean, it’s great seeing the countryside…you know, it just feels great being back home,” Jane said.

Her dad comes across as loving and with a great sense of humor. He is calm when he talks. Nothing less than wisdom comes out of him.

Minutes later, we were conversing.

“What drinks would you guys prefer?” I posed.

“I prefer cold water. Room temperature,” the dad said.

The daughter asked for the same, but I recommended an ice-cold Coca-Cola. We stock a lot of them in our fridge, I assured her. Whenever I feel thirsty or low, a Coke comes to my rescue.

“Hmm…tastes even better on African soil,” she quipped.

I was secretly eyeing her swirl in the amazing flavor of the drink I regard as my favorite.

“See? Just what you need for the jetlag!”

coca cola

She chuckled, with a nod before saying, “yeah…you’re right.”  The smile was just a subtle tinge of her contentment.

“So tell me, how did you get to act alongside the son of a popular antagonist in a major film?”

“Well, my agency in New York got me this job a few months after I signed up. I honestly did not expect it…”

She gave me an account of how her career path has been a learning curve. Nothing comes easy. It’s all about consistency and hard work.

That brings me to present day. I just bumped into this amazing Coke video about sharing moments that bring unforgettable memories. I remembered how my day was made by Coke back then. I love taking an ice-cold Coke when hanging out with friends and family. I feel good that I can now #TasteTheFeeling!

 

Mpasho News



from Mpasho News » Lifestyle http://ift.tt/206BYB8
via Mpasho Lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment