Wednesday 27 July 2016

EXPOSED! How Kenyan Parents Are Leading Their Children To Early Graves (MUST READ)

Days are gone when children were frightened anytime the word parent was uttered. I remembergrowing up at a time where discipline was the order of the day, thanks to our strict parents. Nowadays, children are spoilt rotten by their parents. They never take responsibility for their actions. Ergo, the current burning down of school dormitories.

Who is going to teach or tame our indisciplined children if their own parents are treating them like eggs?

Well, I came across this long article by the ever creative blogger, Beryl Itindi, on how Kenyan parents are sleeping on their jobs and below is what she wrote

‘As I sit here lying in my final resting place, I hear my friends laughing and singing songs that have no tunes. My relatives are still mourning their loss. “He died a premature death, just when he was at his prime”, That is what everyone said during my eulogy. I gnashed my cold teeth and cringed in anger, reason, THEY KILLED ME! My people killed me. Let me tell you about my childhood.

I was born in a family of three children and was the first born. My parents were both career people and worked hard in order to give us better lives. At least that is what they said. At an early age, we were left in the humble hands of our house help. My mother always left the house before dawn and came back after dusk. Reason, apart from being a career woman, she was a student. Oooh yes, she was pursuing her masters and after that she went for her PHD and after that she enrolled for something else. I just can’t remember all her titles. All I remember is that after work she would go to class and come when we were either dozing off or already asleep. I am a talented artist but trust me, as I lay here today, none of my relatives has an idea that I can draw, of course except for our then house help who always scolded me for drawing on the walls in our house.

I remember she one day pinched me after I repeatedly drew on the wall using charcoal even after she asked me not to. When my mother came back that evening, I told on her and my mother almost slapped her. “Never ever lay your hands on my children. Report them to me for punishing anytime they go astray. I will punish them myself” She shouted. What she did not know was that she always came back after we were asleep and there was no way she was going to wake us up for punishment, nooo not her us, not her heartbeats as she referred to us. Our house help did not even stay long after that because she one day scolded my brother for spanking her.

That day my mother went berserk! She posted on social media how our house help had scolded my brother for spanking her and yet she was the one who was moping the house while bending on my brother’s path and because my brother was short, the only place he could reach to get her attention was her behind which he spanked. My mother’s ‘army’ on social media was up in arms advising my mother to fire our good house help. “Fire her! Fire her! No one lays a finger on my children in my house! The children are the reason I pay her!” Such are the comments that my mother received. She did not think twice, that evening, she came back and fired Lucy. As if that was no enough, she splashed her photos on social media claiming she was a child barterer and anyone should employ her at their own risk. After Lucy, came Jane, then Irene, then Grace, then another Lucy, at some point we were even checked in at a daycare!

CLICK NEXT PAGE TO READ MORE

Mpasho News



from Lifestyle – Mpasho News http://ift.tt/2axi6YX
via Mpasho Lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment