Thursday 30 June 2016

‘I Have Been Cancer-free For Three Years Now,’ Says Cancer Survivor Princess Rose Nasimiyu

Remember Princess Rose Nasimiyu? Well, she is the young lady who came into the limelight after back in 2011 due to her brave battle with cancer.

Nasimiyu was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma; a type of cancer that develops in the lymphatic system, which is a network of vessels and glands spread throughout your body.

In 2011, she was forced to seek further treatment abroad thanks to Kenyans who came together to raise funds to help her pay her hospital bills.
Nasimiyu travelled to the UK together with her family and after treatment, she was declared cancer free in 2012.

Nasimiyu who is a living proof that cancer can heal, is schooling in the UK. She is back in the country and Citizen Digital had a chance to interview her.

“There were ups and downs though the doctors who attended to me were absolutely amazing. I got the best treatment and the best service. I couldn’t ask for more. I have been cancer-free for three years now, though I have been having a couple of illnesses here and there. But I have been fine for the past six months without falling ill at all.

I really thank God for that. “I am now in high school and I have a younger sister whom I absolutely adore. Everyone has been so supportive. My mum has always been there for me and life has been so great,”  

Nasimiyu told Citizen Digital.

She further advised young people that cancer is not the end of life and can be treated.

“I want to tell young people like me that cancer can be treated. I am a living proof. Even though your medicine can take you so far, you have to believe that you are going to live because if you don’t believe, there’s no point to fight.”

WATCH THE FULL INTERVIEW ON NEXT PAGE

Mpasho News



from Lifestyle – Mpasho News http://ift.tt/297JlJl
via Mpasho Lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment