Monday 3 October 2016

Normal Is Boring …Stay Peculiar!

Yo folks, how many times have we heard of people saying “think outside the box”? I’d like to give you a little insight on what it means exactly and why you should avoid being too “normal” and embrace your sense of the peculiar”

Saturday morning, 9AM …found myself in an unusually loud matatu simply because I had to hurry to town (now, you might want to know that I tend to avoid them – simply not my style. I like being calm, chill and cool …repose is my middle name) but because you don’t have control over everything in life, the best I could do was to sit at the front next to the driver. That’s where the music is least loud.

Can’t remember which song was playing (probably because I am ignorant of what I do not know) but to my sincere recollection, there were the words “kamata” and “chini” repeated frequently plus the name of our estate shopkeeper, Kama, being looped severally in between the thump of the hard bass and beats.

There I am, seated next to the driver who was minding his own business while shifting gears like a professional rally driver bumping his head to the music. All I could think about was that I’m late. We get to the next stop and we pick up a lady and her child who sat next to me. I had to make space and move closer to the driver.

We leave and the little girl who must have been like 5 years old seemed  to like the music. I could tell by the certain smirk on her face. My thoughts were on my meeting …but that smirk was too deep to ignore. She leaned forward then took a good look at the driver who instantly recognized the look. It’s like they were on a tag team.

What unfolded thereafter was interesting …as the driver began to imitate the smirk, suddenly the radio went off with a banging sound on the speaker. The driver was slightly shaken as he swerved as if avoiding to hit something on the road. The kid now wore a flat face. It’s like she controlled the occurrence through some sort of super power. The driver was irritated but couldn’t prove a thing.

As we alighted, I thought to myself what a peculiar child that was …just like in the new movie Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children that’s currently running in cinemas worldwide.

This is a movie where the characters capture your heart and imagination, you want to be one of the peculiar children. Tim Burton’s direction does not disappoint, it is a spectacle to watch. This is a great film for all ages, that you will want to see again.

peregrins-small-gallery9-gallery-imageOh, more? It’s based upon the best-selling novel and brings an unforgettable motion picture experience. When Jake discovers clues to a mystery that spans alternate realities and times, he uncovers a secret refuge known as Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As he learns about the residents and their unusual abilities, Jake realizes that safety is an illusion, and danger lurks in the form of powerful, hidden enemies. Jake must figure out who is real, who can be trusted, and who he really is.

See the trailer below

Mpasho News



from Lifestyle – Mpasho News http://ift.tt/2cMOuCC
via Mpasho Lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment